Warning signs of Periodontal Disease
Gum Disease or Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that surround and support your teeth. It is caused by plaque (a sticky film of bacteria that forms around your teeth) and is typically painless, so you may be unaware that you even have it!
Here are some warning signs that can signal a problem:
• Gums that bleed easily
• Red, swollen, tender gums
• Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
• Persistent bad breath or bad taste
• Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
• Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
• Any change in the fit of partial dentures
Factors such as including smoking, pregnancy, and diabetes may contribute to the development of gum disease. It is important to visit Advanced Dental Center if you experience any of these symptoms right away, as a confirmed diagnosis and early treatment action are essential.
For more information on proper periodontal care, or to make an appointment, call 972-781-0209 or visit our website at www.theadcsmile.com.